October 14, 2015

Illustration by Büke Schwarz
 
On Being Irresponsible

It's been a day of irresponsible decisions. Decisions that deride my goals. I know my law. And yet I thought I could afford to forget. Today, I have been my defiance's pet. I ignored the tools and parenthesized my rules.

Again and again, I revolt against my own benefit, against what's best. To prove what? That I can? That objectives are no ban? Every time, I compete against me, I lose. That is, one part, the other wins. It is the moment versus the future.

I want balance between both, but the scale feels broken. Today, the moment weighs a ton. It seems I nailed its weighing pan to the ground, while my future dangles pettily in the air. And I doubt it's a pleasant view up there.

Of course, I'm being dramatic. But perhaps, that's not so bad. Perhaps, I exaggerate to see. I exaggerate to find the tools and to underline the rules. I use it. I use it to recall my decisions' infinite tie. It's drama! Perhaps, it's drama that bends my scale back into shape.


No comments:

Post a Comment