October 28, 2015

Illustration by Büke Schwarz
On Emotional Writings

I dislike emotional writings. That is, my emotional writings. And yet, it's what I do. It's what fills my blog, my entries, this line. My words, they stretch for emotions, because they're easy to entwine. It's easy to whine.

Easy. That's the reputation we uphold. We spread and learn and spread that emotions are a threat. That emotions are for savages, for those who lack the mind to enforce control. Out of fear of the primitive, we leave the wild and hide in the cities.

Surrounded by ever-growing buildings splitting the air, we are thankful for the confined space to think. We embrace the narrow rooms to feel. And while I don't hide, I am scared enough to know that I should dislike what I do.


No comments:

Post a Comment