November 11, 2015

Illustrations by Büke Schwarz

 
On Graduation

A few days back, I wrote about a deadline, about how its corresponding fear both speeds me up and slows me down. That deadline, that random changes of gear, will dominate my ride for another four weeks. Then, I will arrive. I will hand in my thesis and leave the bumpy comfort of university life behind.

Up to recently, I was excited. I was excited to break free from the tightly woven cocoon that has been surrounding me for the past years. And although, its inside resembles a rule fanatic boarding school, some part of me wants to stay. Some part is craving for detention, for time to avoid the decision of what to do and where to move next. Because soon, everything will somehow be possible again and I have no idea which possibility I want for me.





No comments:

Post a Comment